Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

Jarrow, Tyne & Wear: Alison Bolam

Slamming the bathroom door shut, Alison Bolam turned the key and frantically dialed 999 from her mobile phone. Four men had broken into her home and were smashing it to pieces.
Alison, 26, of Jarrow, Tyne & Wear, contacted Mums’ Army and said: ‘It was the middle of the night and I had to drag my two young children out of bed and into the bathroom because it was the only room with a lock.
The men were shouting and breaking everything we owned with metal bars. They even destroyed my four-year-old son’s Spider-Man bike.
When the police arrived 25 minutes later, they arrested one of the men. But because I couldn’t identify him, he was released.
‘I’m too afraid to go back home but the council won’t re-house us. We’ve been staying with friends and family ever since.
‘Now my son has started having nightmares. Wherever we are he has to be constantly reassured that no one can get in at night.
‘I’m supporting Mums Army because innocent people are being put at risk and something needs to be done about it.’
Tel: 07934 305230

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?