Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

Poole, Dorset: Sue Luckham

When Sue Luckham saw a young lad staring at her cat, she smiled and said: 'That's Tigger. She's very friendly, you can stroke her if you want.'
In response the boy glared at her and said: 'I hate cats. I'm going to kill it.'
A shocked Sue, 55, of Poole, Dorset, contacted Mums' Army and said: 'The children in this area have no discipline. Kids roam the streets with catapults, breaking windows with stones and attacking pets.
'The language they use is disgusting and the police have made a series of drug raids.
'Children aren't born bad. But I'm worried that if they don't get the support they need, they will grow into adult yobs. I'm working with the council to set up facilities for them.
'I want to give the kids something positive to do and help them to learn skills that will benefit them later in life.
'I'm joining Mums' Army because I can't do it alone. Tackling antisocial behaviour isn't just a job for the police. If we want a safer community we have to do our bit too.'
Sue Luckham,
Poole, Dorset
E-mail: sueluckhamstt@aol.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?