Thursday, November 01, 2007

 

Grimsby, Lincolnshire: Danielle Lewis

Danielle Lewis stared in horror at the glittering shards of glass spread across her living room floor. Her eyes also fell on the red brick lying amongst them. That was what had just smashed her front window.
She called the police.
‘My home is being targeted by yobs.’ She said. ‘Please, can you help us?’
They responded by installing a panic alarm in Danielle’s front room. But still the thugs continued to intimidate her family without fear of retribution.
Danielle, 25, of Grimsby, Lincolnshire, called the Mums’ Army Hotline. She told us what was happening in Duke Street, just round the corner from 125 Rutland Street - identified by us as the Worst Address in Britain.
She said: ‘Teenagers sit on my husband’s car smoking and drinking alcohol. When we ask them to move they refuse and start shouting abuse at us.
‘One night I caught them attempting to steal my little girl’s pet rabbit from the back garden. I can’t even leave washing on the line for fear that it’ll be stolen.
‘Everything has been reported to the police but they say we need evidence, so we’ve installed three CCTV cameras outside our house.’
She added: ‘I’m joining Mums’ Army because I don’t want to be forced out of my home. They should relocate the families who cause this chaos – not us.’
Danielle Lewis,
Grimsby, Lincolnshire
E-mail: groovychick_23@hotmail.co.uk

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?