Thursday, July 05, 2007

 

Norwich, Norfolk: Connie Bolton

It was the latest in a series of incidents, so when a gang of teenage boys kicked Connie Bolton’s dustbin into the road, she went outside to confront them. She was on crutches and had to be helped by a neighbour. She told the boys: ‘Put it back.’
They didn’t. Instead they turned on her.
Connie, 31, contacted the Mums’ Army Hotline and said: ‘One of the boys hurled a rock and it hit my neighbour on the back of the head. They shouted abuse and used foul language. Their behaviour was disgusting.
‘During the year that I’ve lived here, the situation has got worse. Youths smash my windows and I don’t feel safe even walking to the local shop.
‘We call the police but if they turn up, it’s always too late. The council doesn’t care and tells us to go to the police — we can’t win.
‘A lot of people here feel the same. They’re afraid to go outside and they’re scared to stand up for themselves. I’m joining Mums’ Army because I know that it’s the only way I can do something to help my family and neighbours. I want more support from the police so we can live in safety.’
Connie Bolton,
Norwich, Norfolk
Tel: 07840 651904

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?