Thursday, July 19, 2007

 

Llandudno, Conwy: Natasha Hill

When Natasha Hill returned home one day, she was horrified to find she'd been targeted by mindless yobs. The flat she lives in with her two-year-old daughter Sophie-Jade had been ransacked.
Natasha, 22, of Llandudno, Conwy, told Mums' Army: 'My sofa was covered in blood and my little girl's cot was broken and burnt with cigarettes.'
Natasha and young Sophie-Jade, who was recovering from meningitis, were placed in a council refuge for four months while the incident was investigated.
They moved back into their home when the main culprit was caught. A 21-year-old heroin addict and prostitute was arrested and received only one year's probation.
'I just don't feel safe,' said Natasha.
'Our neighbourhood is full of drug users and antisocial gangs, but the police do nothing.
'My elderly neighbours have had their home vandalised and we've been woken up in the middle of the night by people repeatedly ringing our buzzers and kicking our doors.
'I'm joining Mums' Army because I want my daughter and my neighbours to feel secure. We need to come together as a community and put pressure on the police and the council to take action.'
Natasha Hill,
Llandudno, Conwy
E-mail: dudnomumsarmy@aol.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?