Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

Wimbledon, London: Eileen Brunton

Answering her mobile in the middle of the night, Eileen Brunton heard an anonymous caller say: ‘Watch your back. We know where you live.’
Eileen, 56, explains: ‘I’m too scared to leave the house and I'm frightened to be at home alone. Gangs of teenagers are victimising my granddaughter, Charley, 15, who lives with me. We’re terrified. They have attacked her and are constantly trying to get her on her own so they can beat her up again.
‘The police say there’s nothing they can do. I’ve had enough. I don’t want to live like this. It’s too dangerous to be outside at night. Things have to change. We need more police on the beat and more opportunities for young people, to keep them off the streets.’
Eileen Brunton,
Wimbledon, London
E-mail: eileen1nan@aol.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?