Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

Islington, North London: Joan Ford

When asked by ITV, Joan Ford willingly helped Tory MP Ann Widdecombe to publicly expose the antisocial behaviour that is destroying her community. But afterwards she rang the Mums' Army Hotline to say her family had been left vulnerable and victimised.
Joan, 54, told us: ‘The local youths are calling me a snitch and I’m scared for the safety of my son and granddaughter, who are both mentally disabled.’
When the ITV Tonight programme was broadcast, yobs on Islington’s Andover Estate went on the rampage and Joan’s neighbour, who was also interviewed by the MP, was driven out of her home by a firebomb.
Joan says: ‘Now youths are outside my house day and night, shouting abuse and throwing bricks at the windows. My 16-year-old granddaughter needs my supervision 24 hours a day and my son refuses to go outside after being attacked at the local shops.
‘We have no support. The only advice authorities have given is to take photographs, but I’m too frightened. I’m joining Mums’ Army because we need protection. I don’t want to be forced out of my home.’
Joan Ford,
Islington, North London
E-mail: andovermumsarmy@yahoo.com



MP Ann Widdecombe interviews Joan Ford

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?