Monday, February 12, 2007

 

Leeds, West Yorkshire; Angela Gardener

Every day for two years Angela Gardener and her two daughters endured racial abuse from their neighbours. Now that it is over she is determined to help others through Mums’ Army.
Angela, 29, says: ‘My children were afraid to come home from school or play outside and we were kept awake at night. The police and housing association did nothing.
'The problems got worse and I was so stressed I ended up in hospital. I gained the strength to continue fighting and wrote endless letters to local newspapers, MPs, police and various officials. Eventually, thanks to the housing ombudsman and my children’s school, we were moved.
‘I want people to know that if you put up a fight you can change things.’
Angela Gardener,
Leeds, West Yorkshire
E-mail: 07845898278@o2imail.co.uk

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?