Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Corby, Northamptonshire: Alison Galloway

Walking on a quiet path to their weekly St John Ambulance meeting, Alison and her 13-year-old son Tony were surrounded by a gang of yobs.
Tony, who has learning difficulties, was punched in the face and Alison was hit across her back with a stick.
Alison, 41, says: ‘I begged them to leave us alone and threatened to call the police, but they continued to attack us with sticks and stones so I turned my back on them and dialled 999 on my mobile. I turned round just in time to duck as one of them swung a piece of wood at my head. We got to the main road and then they left us alone. We were lucky to get away.
‘The police have been useless. I wanted to press charges but they said they’d have a word with the boys. No action has been taken.
‘We’ve been bullied a lot over the past few years and it’s time to put a stop to it. I’ve read so many stories in Take a Break about how yobs target old and sick people — it’s disgusting. They can’t be allowed to carry on like this.
‘My husband Dave and I have joined Mums’ Army because it’s time that our community worked together to live in safety.’
Alison Galloway,
Corby, Northamptonshire
E-mail: GDavegalloway1@aol.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?