Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Penclawdd, Swansea: Sandy Shepheard

They’ve thrown acid in her face, destroyed her specially adapted car and continue to abuse her for being disabled. But the police tell single mum Sandy, paralysed in her right leg, to ignore the yobs. After five years of this Sandy, 49, has had enough.
'She says: ‘When I read about Take a Break’s Mums’ Army I called the Hotline straight away.
‘I have a mentally handicapped daughter who is constantly mocked and my son has been physically attacked. I keep going to the police but nothing is done. I can’t understand why they’re not helping.
‘My children are prisoners in their own home because of these of yobs. I feel sorry for young people who have nothing to occupy them, but it’s not fair that they bully others. We need the Government to provide more facilities to get them off the streets - and to make their parents accountable for their actions.
‘I hope and pray that Mums’ Army can make a difference.’
Sandy Shepheard,
Penclawdd, Swansea
Tel: 07999 841005

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?