Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Llysfaen, Conwy: Katy Higgins

Yobs have continued to ignore Katy Higgins’s pleas to stay away from her garden and when they pelted a football in the face of her two-year-old son, she knew she had to do something. Katy, 26, says: ‘I asked them to take the ball to the park, but they ignored me, hurt my son and then hurled verbal abuse at me.
‘I have lived in this neighbourhood for 12 years and the problems have continued to get worse. I have been forced to keep my son inside the house and I won’t go out at night because I know it’s not safe.
‘We need more police patrols and parents must take more responsibility. Young children should not be allowed out on the streets at night. I’m a first-time mum and obviously I don’t know everything, but I understand the importance of keeping my child safe and teaching him respect.’
Katy Higgins,
Llysfaen, Conwy
E-mail: strawberry_jam80@hotmail.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?