Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Gipton, Leeds: Sarah Edwards

Sarah Edwards is frustrated that her neighbourhood is notoriously bad and yet nothing is done to make it better. Sarah, 31, says: ‘Youths congregate near the local shops and my neighbours and I get hurled with abuse every time we walk past them.
‘I’ve been in this area for less than a year and it's sheer hell. I have two children aged five and three, and I daren’t let them play in the garden. These thugs run riot as everybody seems resigned to the fact that they can’t stop them. It’s ridiculous. By letting things ride, it’s just going to get worse.
‘I want to live in a community where people are not afraid of retaliation. My husband and I are both on sleeping tablets. It will be difficult, but I’m joining Mums’ Army because I won’t let the yobs win.’
Sarah Edwards,
Gipton, Leeds
Tel: 07888 734392
E-mail: s.edwards77@ntlworld.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?