Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Broadstairs, Kent: Evie Freeman

When she was a teenager, Evie Freeman and her family moved to a troubled neighbourhood and were targeted by yobs. Evie, 23, says: ‘My younger sister and I were scared to go out. It started with verbal abuse, then physical threats, and eventually they threw a brick through our lounge window. The police said there was nothing they could do and we were forced to move house.
‘I still live in the same area and I have now got a young baby. The police should do more to protect people. Why should we live in fear of being targeted by youths who think they’re untouchable? We need harsher punishments. My partner has helped me to rebuild my confidence. I hope Mums’ Army will make a difference.’
Evie Freeman,
Broadstairs, Kent
Tel: 07742 504060

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?