Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Bradford, West Yorkshire: Shaheen Sadiq

Shaheen Sadiq is terrified her neighbourhood will affect her five children who are targetted by yobs because they are mixed race. Separated from her husband and pregnant, Shaheen, 33, is vulnerable but refusing to be victimised. She says: ‘Our estate is not a safe place and we get a lot of trouble because of my children’s ethnicity. A few years ago one of my children was a victim of a hit and run. I was promised that safety precautions would be taken by the council but they have done nothing. I’m afraid to let my children outside our garden gate. I don’t want them growing up in a place like this and have joined Mums’ Army to better their lives.’
Shaheen Sadiq,
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Tel: 07859 300291

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?